Dating coach in clarksville tn
The railroad bridge over the Hiwassee River to the north was among those destroyed by the East Tennessee bridge-burning conspiracy in November 1861.
Cleveland was occupied by the Confederate Army from 1861 to 1863.
Several neighborhoods and communities are located within the city.).
The racial makeup of the city was 89.00% White, 7.01% African American, 0.23% Native American, 0.97% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 1.29% from other races, and 1.46% from two or more races.
Cleveland's Chamber of Commerce was established in 1925.
The city experienced further growth when several major factories were constructed in the area following World War II.
By 1838, Cleveland already had a population of 400, and was home to two churches (one Presbyterian, the other Methodist), and a school, the Oak Grove Academy.
The city was incorporated on February 4, 1842, and elections for mayor and aldermen were held shortly afterward.
There are no official borders between the other divisions.
Many of the buildings currently standing in the downtown area, including those in the Centenary Avenue Historic District, were constructed between 18.
In 1918, the Church of God, a Christian denomination headquartered in Cleveland, established a Bible school that would eventually become Lee University.
A mule-drawn trolley system was established in 1886, and the city had electricity by 1895.
During this period, Cleveland's population more than doubled from 1,812 in 1880 to 3,643 in 1900.